Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Up From the Grave He Arose!

(This post was initially intended for Easter Sunday, but I couldn't get the video to upload...but there is never a day where we shouldn't sing the praises of His glorious resurrection.  Enjoy!)

Happy Easter!  Sunday started with a 6:30 am sunrise service on the roof of a house. The morning sky was so clear as the sun came up and the mountainous view was incredible as we worshipped together.  I spent some time singing hymns with the nannies, too. I love that we can sing these familiar hymns together, just in different languages! I also love that "Hallelujah" is said the same way and means the same thing, no matter what language is being spoken.   

 
Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord! 

 Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)

Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment