Sunday, September 15, 2013

One Week until Departure!

I acquired my medical travel insurance today.  Seriously, choosing Maximum coverage amounts and deductibles is a difficult endeavor!  I obviously don't intend to become ill, or require emergency medical evacuation, terrorism evacuation, or natural disaster evacuation (yes, all covered under my insurance, mom and dad), but I can't really control any of that, either.  So if you would, say a prayer for safety and health!  And while I may not be able to control anything that happens, I can attempt to implement preventative health measures and caution in some areas... 

For thy reading pleasure:

  1. Thou shalt consult thy health provider in adequate advance time to complete vaccinations.
  2. Thou shalt know thy destination and associated risks.
  3. Thou shalt take thy malaria pills as directed.
  4. Thou shalt protect against insect bites of all kinds (insect repellent).
  5. Thou shalt eat wisely.
  6. Thou shalt not go swimming in unchlorinated fresh water.
  7. Thou shalt wear thy shoes, and not open sandals.
  8. Thou shalt make new friends but be careful.
  9. Thou shalt be prepared for adventures and alternate plans.
  10. Thou shalt be prepared for emergencies.
- Dr. Elaine Jong

No comments:

Post a Comment